18 March 2011

An Ode to Ted's

Yesterday as I waited patiently on my favorite sandwich from Ted's Butcherblock, it occurred to me that I have not given this local foodie establishment its due, at least not on this blog!

Don't mistake me - I eat at Ted's . . . a lot. I am an absolute sucker for their Greek-Style Panini (I have divulged my obsession with Greek food before), and I genuinely appreciate the time and effort Ted's puts in to making its Tzatziki sauce. Cucumbers are a pain in the a** to peel and seed and grate, but it makes all the difference. Not to mention the quality Greek yogurt that is obviously being put to good use.

What else? There's plenty. Smoked gouda mac and cheese is available daily from the case and is perfect when warmed (upon request). Other favorites of mine include the chicken, pancetta and avocado on baguette, in addition to the first sandwich I ever tried at Ted's, the house wagyu beef panini with caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms and blue cheese aioli. Yes and please.

My favorite thing to do at Ted's is browse. I love to see the meats that the owner, Ted Dombrowski, has selected for the case. From bacon to duck confit to filet mignon, you can be sure that it is the best of the best - international products sit right next to meats raised no further than upstate South Carolina. Plus, there is a fair selection of housemade pasta sauces and dips, as well as specialty wines and cheeses that help to round out any good meal.

Ted's has gained quite the cult following with sellout Craft Beer Dinners. This week's Friday dinner menu included indulgences like Lemon-Tarragon & Shallot Whole Roasted Chicken / Truffle Honey-Mustard Potato Salad / Fennel & Baby Arugula with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette / Peanut Butter and Coconut Bread Pudding with Turtle Sauce. My mouth. . . it waters.

Good news (at least for me) - Ted's has recently expanded its seating to accomodate its ever-growing lunch crowd. Never been? I highly suggest a hop on the bandwagon.

Ted's Butcherblock on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment