05 August 2009

The Holy City

Recently I have had the opportunity to explore Charleston from a new perspective. As a non-native of six years hailing originally from Birmingham, AL, I have experienced Charleston on a variety of levels- broke and bright-eyed college student, thriving young professional, and now as an evolving, nouveau Charlestonian. As I rode my bike around downtown this past Sunday, I was overwhelmed with the beauty of the city in which I live. All the senses seemed richer as I was breathing in fresh air, watching tourists amble, and riding down cobblestone streets too narrow for a car. My intent was to capture the intensity of some of the Holy City's most famous churches and other sites, which is what inspired these pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=21303093&aid=2193528. Most of my blog postings will be about food as it is something that I love inherently - on the fly, with friends, in the kitchen and around town. I believe that food is family and that loving good food is good for your soul. Enjoy and bon appetit, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment